TechSmith Corp., the world's leading provider of screen capture and recording solutions for trainers, today announces the launch of Camtasia for Mac.
Designed following extensive feedback from the Mac community, the software allows trainers to record all activity on their computer screen, including what they say and how they interact with any website or Mac-based application.
Camtasia for Mac simplifies screen recording and editing to enable the creation of professional online presentations and software demonstrations as well as training and marketing videos or screencasts.
Recorded video can also be output to Apple portable media devices.
Features of Camtasia for Mac include:
- Video editing: Screen recordings can be edited in Camtasia’s advanced editing suite. Users can add call outs, slide transitions, and text, as well as trim audio and visual content. Each edit is independent, meaning it can be amended or updated at a later date
- Camera recording: Camtasia can also record accompanying video and audio from built-in iSight cameras, USB webcams and Firewire HD and HDV video cameras. Videos can be edited to run alongside a screencast, so users can see video content and the presenter simultaneously
- SmartFocus: Captured video is recorded in high quality digital raw-format. Once a recording has been completed, users can select a variety of dimensions to publish the recording, making it available across multiple devices with different screen sizes, while retaining the high quality video from the original recording
- Text and Tiles: Users can add text slides on top of recorded video, to create a beginning and end to video or to clarify points with on-screen text
- Output: Recorded videos can be rendered in a variety of formats including Flash and QuickTime
- Sharing online: Recorded screen captures can be shared online via hosting site Screencast.com, on CDs and DVDs or via iTunes for playback on Apple® portable media players such as the iPod®, iPhone® and iPod touch
- Screencast.com integration: Camtasia for Mac integrates with TechSmith's Screencast.com hosting service for fast and easy video sharing. Camtasia for Mac trial users and customers receive 2GB of free storage and 2GB of monthly bandwidth on Screencast.com. Unlike other online video hosting services, Screencast.com retains the original quality, size and professionalism of the uploaded screencast
- YouTube integration: Camtasia for Mac also includes the ability to share files quickly and easily to YouTube via YouTube account integration.
"Camtasia Mac is the result of extensive interaction and feedback from the Mac community," says Troy Stein, product manager at TechSmith. "With straightforward and intuitive recording and editing, a deliberate focus on time-saving editing features and extensive publishing options, customers will be able to create and deliver high-quality screen recorded content to their audiences while maintaining complete ownership and control over their creative content."