As a result, job seekers can use Monster's search technology to find jobs and see how they are connected to those opportunities through their Facebook and BeKnown contacts. The site integration also expands employers' social recruiting reach by putting their jobs in front of Facebook users.
"Each month, more than 100 million people visit Monster to access millions of jobs worldwide," said Sal Iannuzzi, chairman, president and CEO for Monster Worldwide. "We've now combined the power of Monster's search technology with BeKnown, our professional networking app on Facebook, as another great way of connecting employers and seekers that doesn't exist elsewhere."
Monster says the move will have benefits for both job seekers and recruiters.
Job seekers will be able to:
- See inside connections at jobs
- Search for and be matched to the right jobs and see how they're connected to people at companies they want to work for
- View/apply for jobs and contact connections to help get a foot in the door
- Create a professional networking profile available in both Monster and the BeKnown app on Facebook
- Take control over profile visibility and network connection invites on Facebook
- Network and keep personal and professional lives separate with privacy features users have come to expect from Monster
- Automatically expand social recruiting reach and engage top talent through referrals
- Invite recruiters and employees to join BeKnown to increase referral opportunities
- Access public profiles linked between Monster and BeKnown, for up-to-date candidate information
- Engage the emerging workforce wherever they spend time online, on Facebook or Monster
- Turn Facebook fans into potential hires with free Jobs App for Facebook timeline powered by BeKnown
- Showcase their recruitment brand with a BeKnown company profile allowing job seekers to learn more about their company
"When we launched BeKnown in June 2011, our objective was to leverage Monster's industry expertise and use the world's largest social site as a platform for enabling a professional networking platform," said Matthew Mund, Monster vice president, product management. "Over the past ten months, we've continued to expand BeKnown's features and functionalities for both users and companies. Combined with the power of Monster, BeKnown is well poised for growth."