First-day nerves for new PM Gordon Brown?

Gordon Brown new boy

It’s Gordon Brown‘s first day as British Prime Minister today (27 June), as he finally enters Number 10 Downing Street to replace decade-long incumbent Tony Blair.

He’s been waiting a long time for this day, and it’s eventually arrived. Brown is expected to travel to meet the Queen this afternoon, who will formally offer him the role.

To celebrate this momentous occasion, check out this wonderfully evocative illustration designed by Personnel Today‘s art editor Kate Collings to accompany this week’s Careerwise article Spotlight on First-Day Nerves.

The article helpfully suggests three things Brown can do to make a good first impression:

1) Make friends with his team (relatively easy since he gets to hand-pick them).

2) Get to grips with the job (some would argue he’s been doing it from behind the scenes for 10 years).

3) Show his commitment by arriving early or staying late (it helps that he lives upstairs).

, , , ,

8 Responses to First-day nerves for new PM Gordon Brown?

1. Stephen 28 June 2007 at 3:38 pm #

Hi Guru

Its about time I popped over and commented, maybe it’s that “them and us” syndrome or “I cannot live with them or without them.”

I am talking about Human Resources and Recruitment Consultants of course. Still over the years I have built some good relationships.

If I go on this will turn in to a post all of its own.

Anyway back to this post, loved the pic of Gordon Brown!

2. Guru 28 June 2007 at 4:11 pm #

Even recruitment consultants are welcome on the Guru blog! You may have noticed Guru has been ‘enjoying’ a bit of a spat with one of your peers. But a temporary peace appears to have broken out – a bit like Christmas in the trenches.

3. www.geronguide.com 17 September 2013 at 9:43 am #

Of line it gets specific matters that they experience.
    really full, rattling posted this tie-in from a friend but end you a name and email address to support to find your gratis monthly subscription.

4. best electric smokers 19 September 2013 at 9:33 pm #

I am now not positive the place you’re getting your info,
    but great topic. I needs to spend a while learning much
    more or figuring out more. Thank you for magnificent info I used to be in search of this info for my mission.

5. gas grill built in 19 September 2013 at 11:36 pm #

Aw, this was a really nice post. Taking the time and actual
    effort to produce a top notch article… but what can I say… I procrastinate a lot and never seem to
    get nearly anything done.

6. improve memory Youtube 21 September 2013 at 3:04 am #

Hi there, this weekend is fastidious in support of me,
    as this time i am reading this fantastic educational piece of writing here at my house.

7. New Balance 730 24 September 2013 at 10:32 pm #

running shoes in austin running shoes kansas city running shoes in pokemon white running shoes vs sneakers running shoes johnson city tn

8. chainsaw lower 29 October 2013 at 10:57 pm #

Thanks , I have just been looking for info about this subject for a while and yours is the greatest
    I have discovered till now. However, what concerning
    the conclusion? Are you sure concerning the supply?