Archive | June, 2011
By Guru on 16 June 2011
Image: Rex Features Guru and Mrs Guru found themselves watching the Apprentice last night after the remote control fell to the floor and out of their respective reaches. Mrs Guru has been campaigning for a vacation from the history channel, so it was a happy coincidence. We were both bowled over by the brilliance of […]
By Guru on 14 June 2011
Image: Rex Features Hiding among the Daily Mail’s myriad stories about saucily dressed women, was a story that caught Guru’s attention about how pot plants can reduce office sick rates (Stressed at work? Put potted plants on your desk). Scientists from the Norwegian University of Life Sciences and Uppsala University have discovered – through an […]
By Guru on 10 June 2011
Image: Rex Features The Duke of Edinburgh has just turned 90, although one could be forgiven for thinking he’s been in his 90s for the past fifty years – an admirable trait in Guru’s view. The prince – a leading authority on economics (“Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaining […]
Guru is Personnel Today's notorious HR commentator. He's been working in HR for far too long and observes every passing management fad with a mixture of anger and amusement. His blog is the one thing saving his long-suffering wife, Mrs Guru, from having to endure too much of his ranting about the big HR stories of the day.
- http://www.bookcrossing.com/ on Who wants to be a merged building society?
- http://www.veroniquegens.com/canadagoosejackets.htm on Bullying Beefeaters suspended at Tower of London
- scholl pedi express on How to manage women – 1943 style
- premium garcinia cambogia pure on Bullying Beefeaters suspended at Tower of London
- Patrice on Creative HR job titles stretch the imagination