Archive | December, 2012
By Guru on 24 December 2012
Although Guru takes an instant dislike to anybody who’s not embarrassed to identify themselves as a Tory, he was amazed to read this morning that a YouGov poll found that 49% of people think Andrew Mitchell would have been right to resign on the basis of having said “I thought you lot were supposed to […]
By Guru on 14 December 2012
Cathay Pacific staff have voted to withhold food, alcohol and smiles from customers during the Christmas period over a pay dispute. Management are offering them a 2% payrise, but union bosses want 5%. Guru doubts the measures will make much difference. Guru has barely smiled in 40 years and nobody is offering him a payrise.
By Guru on 5 December 2012
Amongst all the miserable weather and the rapid approach of the odious time of year that is Christmas, Guru has been hugely uplifted by the publication of a document entitled “Implementing Employee Owner Status: Government Response to Consultation“. The BIS is not usually a source of happiness and laughter, but the document delivers in spades. […]
Guru is Personnel Today's notorious HR commentator. He's been working in HR for far too long and observes every passing management fad with a mixture of anger and amusement. His blog is the one thing saving his long-suffering wife, Mrs Guru, from having to endure too much of his ranting about the big HR stories of the day.
- mobile marketing companies on IT | Geek dating
- http://Katrinape.bloggspace.se/ on Guru recruits Cheezhead to patrol SHRM
- exercise equipment for sale on Stressed out? Just have a quick Bo-Tau session
- watch victorias secret fashion show 2013 on Sexy secretaries: the dream dies
- http://startaidea.info/blogs/viewstory/691307 on Best out of office message: competition update