It’s official. Motability Operations is the best place to work in HR in the UK, after it picked up the coveted Personnel Today gong last night.
At an exclusive awards ceremony held at London’s Globe Theatre, about 100 guests from shortlisted companies joined us to see which HR departments would be recognised for making their organisations great environments to work in.
In partnership with recruitment specialist Courtenay HR, the winner, a not-for-profit company that runs the Motability Car Scheme, also won Best medium-sized company.
HR director Anne Downey said: “I feel incredibly proud. We got the mid-sized companies one last year, so we got that again this year, and I was just chuffed, but to get the overall one as well – I’m just over the moon.”
She added: “Our secret to success was truly believing our people are the best HR people in the country, and I really believe that. You recruit the best, you motivate the best, you reward the best, and then you get the best results.”
The complete list of winners at the Best Places to Work awards were:
- Best Small HR Department – Broadway Homelessness & Support
- Best Medium HR Department – Motability Operations
- Best Large HR Department – Admiral Group
- Leadership – Wilts Wholesale Electrical Co
- Professional Development – Cabot Financial
- Employee Engagement – Joint Winners: Wilts Wholesale Electrical Co and Castle Morpeth Borough Council
- Reward and Recognition – Wilts Wholesale Electrical Co
Look out for full profiles of the winners in the 28 October issue of Personnel Today.
Browse pictures from the Best Places to Work in HR 2008 awards ceremony on HR Space