Training provider Safety Media ask Roy Thornley, a risk consultant specialising in the field of manslaughter by gross negligence, all about the new Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act.
Thornley answers various questions regarding the new Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2008 including:
- Are there any new duties or obligations under the new act?
- What do companies need to do to comply?
- What are jurys likely to consider in a case of corporate manslaughter?
- Who will investigate and prosecute under the new offence?
- What is the role of health and safety regulators such as the HSE and local authorities?
- Will directors, board members and other individuals be prosecuted?
- What penalties will an organisation face?
- Will the Act be retrospective?
Video courtesy of Safety Media and CorporateManslaughter.net