Southend Council pays £10,000 to employee after faulty chair injury

Southend-on-Sea Borough Council has paid out £10,000 to an employee who was forced to use a broken chair at work for nine months, according to the Metro.


Kay Fagg nearly died during an operation on her back after suffering a slipped disc as a result of the faulty seat.


The council said that it has added further health and safety measures for staff since the incident back in 2003.


The employee was forced to retire and has been left with long-term back pain, the report added.

Comments are closed.