Men make up over half the workforce and one in five of your male colleagues will die before they’re old enough to retire. Yet, there is no specialist healthcare solution that has been designed specifically for men – until now. Peppy Men is designed to be a groundbreaking digital healthcare solution to support your male workforce by connecting users to men’s health specialists on a secure app. As a specialist men’s health writer of over twenty years, this sounds like a good idea to me. One size does not fit all – employers need to take a personalised approach. Working men’s health: the scale of the problem
- One man in five will die before he reaches the traditional retirement age of 65.
- Men develop coronary heart disease 10-15 years earlier than women and make up 75% of premature deaths from the condition.
- Two-thirds of UK men are overweight.
- Middle-aged men are twice as likely to have diabetes as women and twice as likely not to know.
- Three-quarters of suicides are by men. It’s the leading cause of death in men under 50 and we’ve seen a sharp increase among men aged 35-64.
- Men are more likely to die of cancer than women – big killers including bowel cancer and prostate cancer increasingly affect men in their 50s and younger.
- Biological differences are part of the reason that men are hit harder by the coronavirus – at any age, men are twice as likely to die of Covid-19 as women.
- Men work longer hours, so unemployment (or the risk of it) tends to hit them harder.
- In our Covid