Cannons Health Clubs and Nuffield Proactive Health’s campaign to get HR healthier, fitter and happier is launched with an exciting competition, backed up by evidence that investing in the health of your workforce delivers measurable results to the performance of your company.
If you would like to motivate and empower your employees to live healthier, happier, more productive lives, if you’d like to offer benefits that will help attract and retain the best talent, and if you want to demonstrate a tangible concern for the wellbeing of your people, the range of services from Cannons Health Clubs and Nuffield Proactive Health is only a click away.
Cannons Health Clubs’ corporate memberships are an excellent way to introduce your staff to the benefits of health and wellbeing.
The benefits of corporate membership include:
- Supporting staff recruitment and retention
- Demonstrating employer care for employee health and wellbeing
- Improving performance and productivity whilst reducing stress and sick leave.
There are 52 Cannons Health Clubs nationwide offering a wide range of fitness classes, personal training, café bars and fully equipped gyms. Most also offer a swimming pool, spa, sauna, steam rooms and beauty treatments as well as:
- Professional, friendly team members
- Flexible memberships
- Competitive corporate rates
- Dedicated account managers providing a range of services, from promoting wellbeing within your company to handling membership admininistration.
What’s your motivation?
Most companies accept that people are their greatest asset. Investing in health and wellbeing brings business benefits and confronts some important issues.
Recruiting and retaining the best
- 85% of employees at a major telecoms company stated that wellbeing services had positively changed their view of their employer (Nuffield Proactive Health internal report)
- 75% of graduates believe maintaining an appropriate work/life balance enhances their performance at work (Nuffield Proactive Health Survey 2007).
- 72% of employers link obesity with negative characteristics
- 53% believe obese employees are more likely to have time off sick
- 64% believe obesity is a serious workplace issue (YouGov).
- Smokers take 4.2 days off sick versus 2.8 days for non-smokers (Health of the Nation Report 2006)
- Cigarette smoking causes an estimated 480,000 patients to consult their GP about heart disease, 20,000 for stroke and nearly 600,000 for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (Office for National Statistics 2002).
- 40% of adults suffer from back pain lasting more than one day during a 12 month period (Department of Health Prevalence of Back Pain Report 1998)
- Of those, 40% visited a GP for help and 10% complementary practitioners such as chiropractors and osteopaths.
- People ‘in good health’ are up to 20% more productive than people ‘in poor health’
- People who exercise made 1.9 doctor/hospital visits versus 2.6 by those who exercise less than 150 minutes per week (Health of the Nation Report 2006).
Other wellbeing services from Nuffield Proactive Health
Nuffield Proactive Health is the UK’s leading expert in employee health, vitality and wellness. Services include:
- Health and wellbeing assessments – the nation’s most advanced range of health assessments addressing contemporary lifestyles
- Physiotherapy & rehabilitation – the UK’s largest independent provider of high quality physiotherapy with consistent treatment protocols, care pathways and outcomes
- GP and medical – employed doctors integrate with the delivery of preventive healthcare via the latest technology
- Health fairs and learning
- Fitness and lifestyle – having acquired Cannons Health Clubs, we offer the largest network of employed specialists to provide bespoke services. We are also the UK’s leading provider of on-site corporate fitness services.
Cannons Health Clubs and Nuffield Proactive Health, in association with Personnel Today, would like to offer HR professionals the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of health and fitness and have therefore launched a competition for one lucky reader to win a year’s free membership of any Cannons club nationwide. Additionally, everyone who enters will receive a pass to enter a Cannons club for two visits.
Follow this link to Cannons Health Clubs and answer the following questions:
- Did the Health of the Nation Report show that exercisers took less, the same, or more time off sick than non-exercisers?
- Did a case study with a major telecoms company find that wellbeing services positively changed the view of the employer for 85%, 45% or 15% of employees?