Doctor Care Anywhere, the UK’s leading digital healthcare company, today launches a market-leading new version of its platform to help the company deliver on its aim of providing the best-in-class and most accessible digital doctor and healthcare management service worldwide and accelerate its growth in the fast-expanding telehealth sector.
Essentially Doctor Care Anywhere provides 20 minute video and phone GP consultations with UK trained GPs 365 days a year from 8am to 10pm UK time (moving to 24/7 by November 2016), from wherever its members are in the world. The new platform boasts a range of enhanced features and combines a virtual and in-person GP service through its recently announced ground-breaking partnership with Nuffield Health.
Doctor Care Anywhere GPs can now refer patients for in-person GP consultations and diagnostics with Nuffield Health professionals, offering members a seamlessly integrated service between in-person and virtual GP consultations as patient records are securely stored online.
An all-new platform
The enhanced platform provides greater flexibility and some brand new features to help members manage the healthcare needs of themselves and their family, all at the touch of a button:
• Book unlimited video and phone appointments for as long as necessary with one of our UK trained registered GPs, 24/7, 365 days a year, 8am – 10pm, moving to 24/7 in November 2016
• Combines virtual and in-person GP service through its partnership with Nuffield Health
• Get prescriptions home delivered or picked up from the most convenient pharmacy so that home or away, members can get the medicine they need, including NHS repeat prescriptions
• E-prescriptions accepted at over a 1,000 stores nationwide including Day Lewis and Rowlands
• Have instant referrals and fit notes, if appropriate, uploaded to members’ Doctor Care Anywhere records and available to be downloaded following a thorough consultation with one of our GPs
• Use Health Tracking to monitor symptoms, conditions and lifestyle factors, set up medication reminders via a dedicated app and share findings with our Doctor Care Anywhere GP
• Enhanced flexibility for families; parents and carers have the option to book appointments for their children, up to the age of 18, or elderly relatives
• Gives members secure access to medical records, 24/7, on a platform that operates at the same highest level of security as online banking platforms and encrypts all data
• Is available to members whether they are at home or abroad, ensuring that they can get the advice and medicine they need, wherever they are in the world
Growing global membership
Much of Doctor Care Anywhere’s 100,000+ strong member base is via corporate clients and they currently service over 40 organisations, with notable names including Universal Music Group, GE Healthcare and Mumsnet. An early client was AXA PPP healthcare, a subsidiary of one of the world’s largest insurance companies, which has been offering the service to its corporate client base, with some 25 corporates having being signed up in this way, as well as its own staff.
Two key success factors in securing these organisations as clients is Doctor Care Anywhere’s ability to manage and enrol large numbers of employees and the flexibility Doctor Care Anywhere has shown in developing numerous different configurations of service plans and customer engagement journeys that can be tailored for each client.
Recently Doctor Care Anywhere has developed a series of partnerships to offer its service through a number of new channels outside the employee benefits’ space. A couple of examples are:
• Flight Centre is offering the service to its corporate flyers in the same way it offers car rental to people travelling abroad;
• Quintessentially is working with Doctor Care Anywhere to offer the service to its member base internationally
Access to GPs is an issue for society as whole, with recent studies suggesting that more than 14.2 million people can expect to wait more than a week to see their GP as the NHS struggles to cope with the pressures of an aging population and funding cuts.
For businesses, many work day absences are attributed to time off work visiting a doctor, and illnesses cost well over £30 billion a year in lost output, recruitment and absence.
Increasingly the public and businesses are turning to telehealth, with reports suggesting more than 10 million patients will have a video consultation with a GP in the next year.
UK telehealth is expected to increase its market share from £90 million to £154 million by 2018, and is estimated to become worth around £1.2 billion globally.
Kate Newhouse, CEO of Doctor Care Anywhere, commented:
“Doctor Care Anywhere is designed for the way people live and work today. Most people don’t have the time to spend waiting in GP surgeries or chasing appointments. Similarly, managing day-to-day healthcare needs should be easier, no matter where in the world you are. Whether you’re at home, in the office, or overseas, Doctor Care Anywhere provides world-class primary healthcare expertise whenever it’s needed. ”