Acorn, one of the UK’s leading recruitment agencies, works with a number of employers UK-wide and has seen a significant increase in the number of job opportunities for production workers throughout the South West, but are concerned that people are missing out by overlooking the benefits of temporary work.
From its 12 South West branches in Truro, Plymouth, Newton Abbot, Exeter, Tiverton, Barnstaple, Bideford, Yeovil, Bridgwater, Bournemouth, Chippenham and Bristol, Acorn has hundreds of production roles available throughout Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Somerset, and Wiltshire, which offer people immediate work with flexible shift patterns, competitive hourly rates, and potential long-term career routes.
Noel Hoare, Divisional Manager for the South West, Acorn said: “People can be reluctant to consider temporary production roles, however, the nature of the work means that it can be a reliable solution for people in very different situations, such as students just finishing university, people who have been out of work for a little while on maternity or travelling, or simply anyone tired of their nine-to-five and looking for a job with shifts to fit around other commitments.
“The working hours offer rare flexibility, with different shift patterns covering weekends and evenings as well as weekdays and nights. This provides a great solution for those juggling childcare or other family commitments, as well as graduates looking to earn extra cash during the holidays.”
Acorn has found that many of their agency workers recommend temporary production roles to their friends and family, which can help save on travel costs, as well as enabling them to enjoy working with people they know.
Noel continued: “There is also a misconception that ‘temporary’ means ‘insecure’, however so many production roles managed by Acorn often have great long-term opportunities and career progression resulting in excellent earning potential.
“With little existing experience required, and training provided on the job, these roles provide a great opportunity to learn new skills. People therefore get to work with leading international companies and truly make a difference to the products they make, so we urge anyone looking for work to get in touch, as we have so many roles available with good reputable companies.”
In addition to a constant stream of production roles in sectors including pharmaceutical, printing, engineering, and food and drink manufacturing, Acorn also works with thousands of HR professionals throughout the UK, to provide permanent employees in a number of specialist industries such as Commercial & Office Support, Construction & Trades, Mechanical & Electrical, IT & Digital, Legal & Finance, and Technical & Engineering. The leading agency also provides a specialist executive search offering to find senior and board level professionals, and their Global Division places people into work worldwide.
To view the latest vacancies in the South West, click here >
Notes to Editors – Acorn
• Established in 1992, Acorn has 38 branches and on-site locations across Wales, the West Country, the North West of England, London, Dublin and Australia.
• Acorn has won awards for fast growth, and has won Best Regional Recruitment Firm and Best UK Recruitment Agency at the national Recruiter Awards.
• Acorn’s Executive Search Division recruits senior executive management and board-level professionals for businesses across the UK.
• Acorn’s Legal Division recruits legal professionals of all levels, from newly qualified to equity partners, into the top legal firms.
• Acorn places some 6,500 people into circa 1,200 different client companies each week. The company delivers training to over 1,300 Apprentices in learning each week and makes 1,700 permanent placements every year.
• Acorn’s head office is at Celtic Springs, near Newport, South Wales. Many of Acorn’s specialist divisions are based there, including Executive Search, Legal, Contract Management, Construction, Mechanical & Electrical, Technical & Engineering, Nursing & Healthcare, IT & Digital, Acorn Global and Acorn Learning Solutions.
• In 2006 global recruiter Synergie acquired a majority stake in Acorn; an investment that underpinned its commitment to supporting companies operating internationally; and one that has helped to propel Acorn’s expansion across the UK.