Judges announced for OH Awards 2010
The category judges for the Occupational Health Awards 2010 have been announced. They are:
- Award for Health and Wellbeing Service Delivery
- Paul Nicolson, associate medical director (Europe) for Procter & Gamble
- Award for Innovation in Occupational Health
- Bashyr Aziz, teacher on occupational health programme, University of Wolverhampton
- Award for Absence Management
- Louise Boston, occupational health manager at E.ON
- Award for Mental Health and Stress Management
- Liz Griffiths, chair of the Association of Occupational Health Nurse Educators
- Award for Risk Management and Prevention of Ill Health
- Caroline Minshell, health director for the Middle East, Africa and Indian sub-continent
- Award for Health Promotion and Wellbeing
- David Maslen-Jones, Department of Health Wellbeing Champion for London and the East of England.
Work concerns increase across Europe
Concern about mental ill-health, stress, violence and harassment at work is increasing within European organisations, according to a study by European Agency for Safety and Health at Work. The study, one of the biggest workplace health and safety surveys in Europe, found four out of five European managers expressed concerns about work-related stress.
Healthy working website
A new website for GPs and primary care professionals has been launched by the Faculty of Occupational Medicine, in conjunction with the Royal College of GPs and Society of Occupational Medicine. Healthy Working UK is also being supported by an e-learning resource, Health e-Working.