Premier Partnership has been invited by NEBOSH to pilot their new National Certificate in Health and Well-being at Work course.
Dame Carol Blacks report “Working For A Healthier Tomorrow” stated “Research specially commissioned for this review found considerable evidence that health and well-being programmes produced economic benefits across all sectors and all sizes of business: in other words, that good health is good business”.
The new course is suitable for General Managers, Supervisors, HR Managers, and Safety Professionals, who have responsibility for, or involvement in, the health and well-being of employees as part of their day-to day duties.
The syllabus is based on recognised best practice in management of health in the workplace and includes:
- Managing absence and return to work
- Recognising and dealing with substance abuse
- Preventing stress and dealing with mental ill health at work
- Disability discrimination and protecting health at work
- Assessing risks to health at work
- Working effectively with health professionals
- Workplace health promotion
The first courses are scheduled for August and September with an examination date of September 18th.