1. c – The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) website gives up-to-date statistics on this topic. Read more about the work-related causes of sickness absence and the statistics on this subject. Consider whether this applies in your workplace by reviewing your sickness absence statistics.
2. a – Do you fully understand the psychosocial and biopsychosocial models? If not, then carry out a literature search on the topic.
3. d – Are you aware of the HSE management standards? Revise your knowledge and consider how your organisation is dealing with each of the standards.
7. c – Recovery is different from all the other answers, but they are all related. Today, it is considered that return to work is important for recovery and rehabilitation, and will help to reduce the length of sickness absence.
10. a – What do you understand by the term ‘holistic’? Find out more about it and consider whether the care you are giving in your OH practice could be considered ‘holistic’.