Airbus sacks worker following mass walkout

Airbus
says one of the workers involved in a mass walkout at its Broughton wing plant
last month has been dismissed.

On
March 14 more than 2,000 workers staged an unofficial strike at the north Wales
plant. They were angry about rumoured pay bonuses for managers and an overtime
freeze for workers.

Airbus
said four other people involved in the dispute over working conditions had been
suspended.

All
five were suspended on full pay and four have now been reinstated, a
spokeswoman said.

The
person sacked was dismissed for gross misconduct.

Airbus
said the unofficial action cost the company hundreds of thousands of pounds.

It
is understood the dismissed employee is to appeal the decision.

By Quentin Reade

Comments are closed.