Trade and Industry Secretary Patricia Hewitt has announced the membership of the Employment Tribunal System Taskforce.
The taskforce will make recommendations to the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry and the Lord Chancellor on how services can be made more efficient and cost-effective.
The members are:
- Sarah Anderson, chief executive, Mayday Group
- Brendan Barber, deputy general secretary, TUC
- John Cridland, deputy director general, CBI
- Rita Donaghy, chair, Acas
- Alan Jones, chief executive, TNT
- Colin Mile, president, Employment Tribunals (Scotland)
- Judge John Prophet, president, Employment Tribunals (England and Wales)
Martin Partington, a Law Commissioner, will provide expert advice to the taskforce which will be chaired by Janet Gaymer, senior partner at Simmons & Simmons solicitors.
The taskforce is due to report in spring 2002.