Department of Trade and Industry has launched a new, redesigned website to
improve its delivery to business, employees and consumers.
new site has been designed to allow for a more customer focused online service
and for the first time the website will feature an interactive element,
allowing regular visitors to receive e-mail alerts of updates and additions to
new look website has been organised into the three main audience groups and
content for each includes:
Advice for small and new businesses;
– Improving your business performance;
– Expanding your business; and
– Promoting use of innovation and technology.
Tailored Interactive Guidance on Employment Rights (TIGER)
– Information on the Work-Life balance
– DTI’s Employment Market Analysis and Research team, providing important
economic and statistical analysis
The Consumer Gateway, a one-stop shop for consumer advice
– The Consumer White Paper "Modern Markets, Confident Consumers"
– Details of DTI’s work to safeguard consumer rights
– the Benchmark Index.
site also complies with Cabinet Office guidelines for Government websites which
ensure the website is accessible to as wide an audience as possible, including
visitors with disabilities.