• HR consultancy William M Mercer has recruited Sandra Campbell as a
European partner in the HR operations consulting practice. Campbell moves from
Renaissance Worldwide (formerly the Hunter Group) where she was head of UK
operations. Before that she was a senior consultant with Coopers & Lybrand.
• Katharine Turner has been appointed director of employment at GEC at its
central London offices. She moves from computer company ICL, where she held the
same post for two years.
• Marconi UK Services has made Joanne Wilkes HR manager. She previously
spent eight months as personnel manager at GPT Card Technology, part of GEC.
Before that she was HR officer at steering column manufacturer Nastech, for six
months, after two-and-a-half years as personnel and training officer at
distribution company TDG Beck Pollitzer.
• Hilary Wood has moved to the Edinburgh College of Art as HR manager. She
was previously training officer at Maidstone Borough Council, a post she held
for three-and-a-half years.
• Cathy Belshaw has been appointed HR manager at the Houghton Group in
Manchester. She moves from Park Financial Services on the Wirral, where she
progressed to HR manager after joining a year ago as HR adviser. She was
previously HR team co-ordinator at the Swinton Insurance head office in
Manchester for 18 months.
• Railway construction company Amec Rail, part of the Amec construction
group, has promoted Ian Breese to standards and development manager. He was
formerly personnel manager at the railway maintenance engineering division for
• Emma Hilton has been appointed personnel officer at Wincanton Logistics
with responsibility for Tesco’s distribution. She previously spent
three-and-a-half years as personnel assistant at William Hill.
• HR recruitment company Personnel Selection has promoted Modesty Hunter to
local director of the Portsmouth, Havant and Bognor Regis branches.
• Jean McAllister, principal of Shipley College in West Yorkshire, has been
appointed to the council of government skills target advisory body, Nacett.
Others on the council include Adair Turner, director general of the CBI, John
Monks, general secretary of the TUC, and Tim Melville-Ross, chairman of
Investors in People UK.
• Heather Keightley has joined Torridge District Council in Devon as
personnel and management services officer. She moves from Plymouth City Council
where she was senior personnel officer.