• Electronics manufacturer Lite-On has recruited Fiona Allen as HR advisor. She will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the department, implementing a strategic HR development plan and recruitment and selection. She moves from Newcastle University where she was HR assistant.
• Louise Gill has joined De Roma Ice Cream in Wigan as HR manager. She will be responsible for setting up an HR department at the ice-cream manufacturer. She moves from British Aerospace at Brough where she was personnel associate.
• Martin Cuthbert has joined Sonae as HR manager at its new £70m corporate centre in Liverpool. The centre will provide services to the Portuguese multinational’s timber products factories in Peterlee, County Durham and Coleraine, Northern Ireland. Cuthbert previously spent 10 years in HR at United Utilities in Warrington.
• On-line mortgage and consumer finance company Creditweb has appointed Alison Beech as head of HR. Beech was previously UK director of HR at Guardian Royal Exchange. Before that she was managing director of Guardian Mortgage Services. She has worked in the financial services sector for almost 20 years.
• ABB UK has appointed Alan Dunbar as HR manager for ABB Service and Solutions and Davina Griffith as HR manager for ABB Building Technologies. Dunbar will be based in Leicester while Griffith, who was HR director for the mechanical and electrical group at Amec, will be based at the head office in Solihull.
Choice Hotels Europe has appointed Neil Porter as group training manager. He will be responsible for recruiting management trainees as well as implementing and managing training for staff. He previously ran his own training consultancy where he specialised in recruitment and leadership skills. Before that he was area training manager with the Accor Group, after spending 14 years in a variety of training and development roles with Granada.
• John Gotting has been appointed principal at on-line HR and development consultancy PeopleFocus.co.uk. He has been running consultancy Couchman, Gotting and Partners for the last seven years, following a career in HR. Alison Young, formerly HR manager at Shell, and Sally Hannam, former training manager at VNU business publications, will join him as HR consultant.
• Tom Raftery has joined HR consultancy Watson Wyatt as senior consultant in the organisational effectiveness team. He moves from Arthur Andersen where he was a senior manager in the people competency group, working on large change projects.