• Law firm Speechly Bircham has appointed Heather McNeice as a solicitor in
its employment practice. She joins from Linklaters where she started as a
trainee in 1990. She has worked in employment and employee benefits since 1992.
• Andrew Walsh has joined Leeds-based pension provider the Pensions Trust as
head of HR. He moves from Leeds and Bradford Airport where he was airport
personnel and safety manager.
• Daniel Kasmir has been appointed HR director of Manpower with
responsibility for its 100,000 UK staff. He spent seven years in HR at Shell,
coming up through its HR graduate programme. His last role there was HR manager
for Shell’s commercial UK businesses. He moved to telecoms company Caudwell
Communications as HR director for the retail business in 1998.
• Bryan Morris has joined Remedy Corporation in Bracknell, Berkshire as HR
manager. He was previously involved with locum assignments for Lotus
Developments, Heidelberg Finishing, Bull Information Systems and GlaxoWellcome.
Prior to these he was group personnel manager at ZAL Holdings.
• Lexicon Marketing Services has appointed former Army captain Susan Jones
to the new position of training and development mentor. As captain and
education officer Jones was involved in all aspects of Army staff training and
was an NVQ assessor and internal verifier. At Lexicon she will be responsible
for implementing a company-wide training strategy.
• Law firm Burges Salmon has added three lawyers to its expanding employment
team. Sarah Jeffrey-Gray and Jane Bridgwater join from Bristol firm Lyons
Davidson. Alice Goldsworthy joins from Birmingham law firm Wragge and Co.
• Margot Katz has been appointed general manager of learning and development
at HR consultancy Development Dimensions International. She joins from
London-based recruitment consultancy Roberts and Young, where she was
co-founder. Prior to that she was group HR director at pharmaceutical
manufacturer Norton Healthcare.
• Recruitment company Insight Consulting has recruited Andrew Palmer to head
up a new division covering IT security, business continuity and risk
management. After spells in the Royal Navy and at the Halifax Building Society
he specialised in recruitment and most recently ran his own IT security and
business continuity recruitment practice.