Companies with the most successful e-learning programmes have adopted
strategic steps – and an overall approach aligned with corporate mission,
vision and values – that allow them to implement effective comprehensive
e-learning initiatives, according to Bruce Walton, senior consultant with
Watson Wyatt Worldwide.
The consultancy has put together a six-point plan to successful e-learning.
– Gain executive level support
– Build a sound and compelling business case
– Develop a phased implementation plan
– Build the right implementation team
– Plan carefully for the employee adjustment period
– Understand that employee feedback is good
"Employees should also realise that online training can lay the groundwork
for higher-level, face-to-face skill building," Walton said.