the UK’s ‘top secret’ communications centre, has won the best integrated
marketing campaign at the annual AGR graduate recruitment awards.
by TMP Worldwide, the campaign was praised for raising the employer brand,
despite being unable to describe the jobs in any real detail because of
national security issues.
recruits around 300 graduates a year and the campaign comprised posters, a
website, online postcards, a cassette and a career bag giveaway.
struggling to compete with the private sector on pay, the campaign more than
doubled the number of applicants.
won the innovation award for the ‘thoughtful and pertinent’ approach to
tackling diversity in its "IT’s not just for the boys" campaign, put
together by Park HR.
the international recruitment campaign award went to Bernard Hodes for creating
a global brand across hiring centres in London, New York, Frankfurt and Tokyo,
for Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein (DKW).
Integrated marketing campaign: GCHQ/TMP Worldwide
– Innovation: Logica/Park HR
– International recruitment: DKW/Bernard Hodes
– Internet award, overall winner: DKW/Bernard Hodes
– Internet category winners: Railtrack/Screenactive; Thames Water/Tribal
Internet; KPMG/Flag Communications
– Literature award, overall winner: Nabarro Nathanson/Flag Communications
– Literature category winners: Centrica/Flag Communications; Oracle/Park HR;