Large numbers of UK organisations have responded to the tsunami by agreeing to match employee-generated funds, while others have made one-off donations. These include £1.6m from BP, £1m each from Vodafone and the FA Premier League, £500,000 from BT and £250,000 from Marks & Spencer.
Many companies have provided expertise in kind, including:
– water and water purification processes
– logistics and transport
– medical assistance, drugs and technical assistance
– support for on-the-ground partnerships
– food distributiontelecommunications
– helping local units to engage to direct relief efforts
– website support for appeals.