- Home ▼
- Topics ▼
- Legal ▼
- Awards ▼
- Jobs ▼
- Webinars ▼
- XpertHR ▼
- Occupational health ▼
- Proposed national minimum wage rise of 3%Government proposals for an increase to the national minimum wage would be the largest rise in real-terms wages in eight years.
- Age discrimination: harmonising older workers' terms after TUPE transfer can be justifiedDid an employer's attempt to move employees to less generous terms and conditions of employment after a TUPE transfer indirectly discriminate against older workers, who were more likely to lose out on valuable benefits? The EAT in Edie and others v HCL Insurance BPO Services Ltd provides useful guidance for employers that are in this situation.
- Negotiating with trade unionsPractical guidance on how to negotiate with a trade union has been added to our "how to" section.
- E-cigarettes in the workplace: first vaping tribunal decision is a warning for employers
- Disciplinary procedures: 10 common breaches of the Acas code of practice
- First UK tribunal finds worker's obesity eligible for disability protection
- Misconduct outside the workplace: five key employment cases
- The qualification for a constructive dismissal claim