An advice service will be launched on 18 January to give practical advice to NHS HR and training and development staff, as well as other NHS staff, on how to implement the NHS Knowledge and Skills Framework (KSF).
The KSF defines and describes the knowledge and skills which NHS staff need to apply in their work to deliver a quality service. It provides a single, consistent, comprehensive and explicit framework on which to base the review and development for all staff.The new NHS KSF Advisory Service will be available through the existing telephone advice line, established by NHSU to provide free, impartial and confidential careers and learning advice to individuals within the NHS.
The service will enable managers and individuals to get advice on:
- The purpose and implications of the NHS KSF for staff
- The NHS KSF dimensions and levels, including the core skills that relate to everyone’s job in the NHS and the specific skills which relate to particular jobs
- Ways of preparing for, and managing the outcomes of, personal development reviews
- Ways of improving job prospects, skills or individuals’ careers through KSF
- Accessing learning and training courses and opportunities.
NHS KSF Advisory Service is available on 08000 150 850