• Gil Parsons has been appointed managing consultant at Coutts’ London office. She heads a team of 12 consultants and support staff. As well as working in Coutts dealing with career management, counselling and life balancing she also advises customers about redundancy issues.
Parsons has seven years of experience as training manager at Vauxhall.
• Carol Poole has been appointed group HR director at Nettec, which became the first e-business solutions provider to list on the London Stock Exchange in April.
Poole, who was appointed to the board level post on 22 June will be providing strategic HR contribution. She will also be responsible for developing initiative and best practice approaches to career development, training and compensation.
Poole has more than 10 years of professional HR experience in a number of industries, including publishing and professional services. Before her role at Nettec, she served with Reed Elsevier and the British Standards Institution.
• Ian Symon has joined HR solutions company UniSource at director level. He will be focusing on delivering solutions through the use of human resources expertise, allied with an IT capability to manage outsourced transactional activities. Symon has held various senior HR director roles with companies such as Conoco and Du Pont. Most recently he has been with Premier Oil and Nimir Petroleum.
• The CBI has appointed Andrew Moore as director of its Brussels office. He will lead a team of eight in lobbying the European Commission and European Parliament on behalf of British business.
Moore set up the Trade Association Forum which acts as a point for government and other organisations to communicate directly with a large number of firms grouped by sector.
• Judith Inglis has been appointed project manager at Aon Consulting’s Web Unit, which is part of Aon’s communication practice. The unit is based in Farnborough and is focusing on delivering on-line solutions to meet clients’ objectives. Inglis joins from Stewart Ivory investment management in Edinburgh where she developed web sites for investment trust clients.