1. Confident people stand up straight, shoulders back and smile when they meet people. Imagine there is a hook in the sky holding your head up.
2. Make eye contact with people. When we are shy, we look down or away. In social situations, practise looking people in the eye.
3. Smarten up: if you dress smart, you feel better about yourself. Put on a suit or smart dress. You’ll feel good about yourself and this will show.
4. Learn from someone you admire who is self-confident. Notice how they talk and their body posture. Imagine you are them.
5. Prepare mentally: if you’re going to a gathering or addressing a group, see yourself there and imagine yourself there. If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.
6. Believe in yourself. You have the right to be who you are.
7. Be positive and think positive thoughts. Turn ‘I can’t’ into ‘I can’.
8. Learn from the past and move on.
9. Know your weaknesses and address them. Make a list of your weak points and take steps to improve them.
10. At the start of each day, look in the mirror and say to yourself: “I look good, I feel good, I am loved, people love me.”