The Trade and Industry Select Committee of MPs has launched an enquiry into the impact on UK business of the accession of the 10 member states in 2004 and 2007.
The committee will consider the following questions:
- Is the UK exploiting the opportunities afforded by the accession of these countries to the European Union?
- What are the most promising areas for developing business? Is there potential for exporting more goods and services to these countries?
- Where may the UK be losing out to competitors?
- What advantage might the UK draw from the existence of the skilled workforce in these countries?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of doing business there?
The committee is particularly interested in learning the views of business people who have worked in eastern and central Europe on the attractions and difficulties of working in those countries.
Written submissions on any of these subjects must be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 16 March 2007.