A group of highly respected learning and development experts and leading practitioners have been appointed to the judging panel for the World of Learning Awards 2008.
The highly competitive Awards, are acknowledged as the premier event for honouring learning-specific solutions. Now in their eighth year they recognise and reward organisations and individuals whose outstanding achievements have notably improved workplace productivity and performance, the most innovative new learning initiatives and exceptional venues of 2008.
The judging panel of independent experts has a tremendous depth of experience and comprises:
- David Apparicio, Creator and Managing Director, The Chrysalis Programme, Harnessing Potential Ltd
- Judith Christian-Carter, Director, Effective Learning Solutions
- Robin Hoyle, Senior Partner, Learnworks
- Laura Overton, Managing Director, Towards Maturity
- Clive Shepherd, Independent Consultant and Chair, eLearning Network
- Adrian Snook, Deputy CEO, Training Foundation
- Tim Willows, Finance Director, Wilton Park
- Bernard Zackary, Head of Curriculum and Assessment, BECTA.
The Awards 2008 include several new categories that reflect the evolution of the learning and development industry. The categories are:
- Bespoke Learning Solution of the Year sponsored by Tech Smith
- Blended Learning Solution of the Year sponsored by GB Training
- Coaching Programme of the Year sponsored by Training Pages
- e-Learning Solution of the Year
- Rapid e-Learning Solution of the Year sponsored by LearningGuide Solutions
- Learning Organisation of the Year sponsored by academee
- Serious Games Solution of the Year
- Training Venue of the Year sponsored by Intec Business Colleges
- Educational & Learning Export Product of the Year sponsored by UK Trade and Investment
- Outstanding Contribution to the Training Industry
- Learning Provider of the Year
The closing date for entries is 5pm on 19 September 2008.