Life Long Learning and Continuing Professional Development are the processes by which professionals, such as nurses, develop and improve their practice.
There are many ways to address CPD: formally, through attending courses, study days and workshops; or informally, through private study and reflection. Reading articles in professional journals is a good way of keeping up-to-date with what is going on in the field of practice, but reflecting and identifying what you have learnt is not always easy. These questions are designed to help you to identify what you have learnt from studying the article. They will also help you to clarify what you can apply to practice, what you did not understand and what you need to explore further.
1. People use laptop computers because they:
a) Are cheap and economical
b) Can retrieve e-mails
c) Have control over work schedules and locations
d) Have easy access to the Internet
2. People who use laptop computers for over an hour a day reported an increase of pain in their:
3. What ratio of RSI sufferers does the TUC suggest takes action?
4. One of the hardest concepts to educate users about is the demand made by
a) Manual handling
b) Static loading
c) Working schedules
d) Postural assessment
5. Ergonomics are used to:
a) Prevent musculoskeletal injuries
b) Design modern working environments
c) Save money
d) Benefit industry
6. Employees must take care of their own health by
a) Providing a first aid box
b) Designing a safe system of work
c) Ensuring confidentiality of company files
d) Obeying health and safety legislation
7. Where did the 24-year-old woman commonly use her laptop?
a) At the dining table
b) At the dressing table
c) Sitting on the settee
d) At the kitchen table
8. What was the 24-year-old woman's diagnosis?
a) de Quervain's disease
d) Carpel tunnel syndrome
9. What is the three-pronged approach?
a) Assess risk, develop policy, provide information and training
b) Develop policy, provide information and training, discipline non-compliance <