It’s time to announce who has won Guru’s tremendous competition to give away copies of self-development marvel, The Five Minute Failure.
The question was from the Induction to the College of Failure and was: ‘What are the finest virtues a human being can possess?’
Of course, none of you really needed to visit the website (www.collegeoffailure.com) to know that the answer was: “Ignorance, arrogance, fear and, of course, a smattering of good old bigotry.”
This competition proved particularly popular so Guru apologises if you are not on the winners’ podium.
But take heart and look to the example of Formula One man-of-the moment Jenson Button, who only had to enter 113 times to win.
The winners of The Five Minute Failure are:
- Johan van den Broek, HR manager, House of Commons
- Dawn Turner, HR director, Hyatt Regency Birmingham
- Claire Farr, HR administrator, DHL
- Joanna MacIntyre, HR manager, VisitScotland
- Jo McIntyre, trainer development officer, Thames Valley Police
- Stephanie McBride, group HR manager, Lease and Loan
- Liz Earle, HR business manager, Sky Sports
- Anne Stewart, HR manager (Scotland), Barkers
- Stacey Homer, HR assistant, Bloxwich Automotive
- Annie Tunnicliffe, HR director, Resourcing the Community.