Available on demand
In 2012/13, more than half a million new apprenticeships were started with more than 200,000 employers. Demand for apprenticeships has also increased, with figures from the National Apprenticeship Service showing there are, on average, 11 applications for every vacancy.
However, despite the rising awareness and demand there are still some employers that are reluctant to offer aprenticeships, seeing them as a recruitment alternative for someone else’s workforce.
This Personnel Today webinar, in association with learndirect, aims to dispel the myths around apprenticeships through a detailed and challenging case for implementation.
Originally held during National Apprenticeship Week 2014, the webinar:
- explores how apprenticeships drive future talent into businesses;
- looks at how to build relevant and successful schemes;
- helps you to understand current pay and funding levels;
- identifies how to recruit and retain the best apprentices; and
- discusses how to measure the return on investment of an apprenticeship scheme.
Hosted by Personnel Today editor Rob Moss, speakers include:
- David Way, former chief executive, National Apprenticeship Service;
- Lloyd Thomas, group apprenticeship manager, The Co-operative; and
- Steve Morris, corporate sales director, learndirect.