Large numbers of UK organisations have responded to the tsunami by agreeing to match employee-generated funds, while others have made one-off donations. These include £1.6m from BP, £1m each from Vodafone and the FA Premier League, £500,000 from BT and £250,000 from Marks & Spencer.
Many companies have provided expertise in kind, including:
- water and water purification processes
- logistics and transport
- medical assistance, drugs and technical assistance
- support for on-the-ground partnerships
- food distributiontelecommunications
- helping local units to engage to direct relief efforts
- website support for appeals.