Plateau Systems has committed itself to investing in the development and promotion of the corporate e-learning world by becoming a Founding Ambassador with Towards Maturity.
All Ambassadors share and endorse Towards Maturity’s vision and values:
- Encouraging learning innovation that directly impacts results in the workplace
- Building on, acknowledging and contributing to collective good practice
- Supporting the learning and education of others
- Building transparent, trusted and open relationships with those we work with
- Encouraging excellence from within
- Celebrating success
The Ambassador Programme allows providers to help identify and disseminate good practice case studies as well as align themselves with the vision and values of Towards Maturity, the internationally recognised benchmarking practice for learning innovation which aims to help improve the impact of learning technologies at work.
The recently published Towards Maturity 2010 Benchmark Report – the fourth such report in seven years that Towards Maturity has published – reveals that, of the 400 organisations participating in the study:
- One in four are allocating 30% or more of their available training budget to learning technologies – compared with one in 10 in 2008;
- 80% now use electronic content, learning management systems and online assessment and surveys, and
- Over 80% say that the innovative use of learning technology will be a deciding factor in their selection of an external learning provider in the future.
Jeff Kristick, Plateau’s senior vice president of marketing, commented: “Plateau believes in promoting best practice in every area of talent management, especially where that involves learning technologies – so we’re delighted to be able to support the e-learning sector and Towards Maturity by becoming an Ambassador.
“We see this as part of our on-going commitment to and investment in developing the e-learning sector,” he continued. “For example, we’re using our experience and expertise to work with a number of organisations to help simplify the use of e-learning standards, such as SCORM 2004, as well as extending the capabilities defined by the standard to support social learning, simulations, performance data and true delivery of content-as-a-service.”
Laura Overton, Towards Maturity’s managing director said: “When it comes to learning innovation and performance, our passion has always been to provide an authoritative, independent research base which helps organisations to raise the bar in their pursuit of excellence. Working together as Ambassadors for change, I believe we can improve good practice, raise awareness and drive the industry forward.”
In becoming a Towards Maturity Founding Ambassador, Plateau Systems has joined seven other leading companies in the e-learning world: LINE Communications; Redtray; Epic; Brightwave; GlobalEnglish; LMMatters, and The Charity Learning Consortium.