Personnel Today and the Public Sector People Managers’ Association (PPMA) held a roundtable discussion on the future of pay and reward in the public sector.
With public sector spending cuts, pay restraint and pay freezes on the horizon, regardless of which political party wins the next general election, panellists discussed what this would mean for employee relations, the challenges this posed for employers and what the future might hold.
- Dean Shoesmith, PPMA vice-president and joint HR director of Sutton and Merton councils
- Alan Warner, Lead Officer at the PPMA and former corporate director of people and property at Hertfordshire County Council
- Sian Thomas, Director at NHS Employers
- Philip Webb, Head of Public Sector at Penna
- David Cleeton-Watkins, Senior Consultant at Roffey Park Institute
- Neil Carberry, Head of Pensions and Employment at the CBI
- Lucasta Grayson, Head of HR & Development at Crawley Borough Council
The discussion was chaired by Personnel Today’s deputy editor, Mike Berry.