HR news and analysis including:
- Welfare reform criticisms – why minister James Purnell’s new rules may disadvantage the disabled
- Carter & Carter training provider: why did it go into administration and will if affect the skills sector? Includes talk of the Machinery of Government consultation and the future of the Learning and Skills Council
- Employer based training accreditation
- Paternity leave: what does the latest gender pay gap statistics mean for paternity leave?
- Maternity leave legal changes: Mothers will be able to receive benefits such as mobile phones and company cars throughout additional maternity leave as well as ordinary maternity leave. What does HR need to do now to prepare for changes in maternity law coming into effect this year?
Presenter Louisa Peacock is joined by Greg Pitcher, Rob Moss and John Charlton. Louisa interviews Stephen Ross, a solicitor at law firm Withers to find out what the changes to maternity leave benefits are, how this will affect HR and what HR needs to do, including informing all staff and updating policies.
Or subscribe to Personnel Today Audio below to get the latest episodes automatically uploaded to your iPod, another MP3 player or through an RSS reader…
If you’re unsure what a podcast is or how to make them work read this guide from the BBC.