More managers than ever before (78 per cent) are suffering from work-related stress, caused by increasing workloads, lack of time and lack of support.
– 52 per cent of managers have experienced harassment at work – 27 per cent have been bullied and 34 per cent feel they have been deliberately sidelined or excluded
– 45 per cent of managers did not feel fully appreciated or rewarded
– 65 per cent admitted that they were searching for ‘meaning’ in their working life
– 63 per cent said diversity was not actively managed in their organisations, with 27 per cent having been discriminated against, either in terms of their gender, age, ethnicity or their religion.
– 83 per cent of managers worked consistently longer than their contracted week – 33 per cent put in 11-15 extra hours, and 9 per cent more than
– 15 additional hours each week. More men (85 per cent) than women (79 per cent) work longer hours.