Having successfully deployed a simple view and update of basic HR records via Oracle HR Self Service, South Lanarkshire Council were looking to realise efficiencies and cost savings with Self Service Absence Bookings in an overall drive to minimise absence / maximise attendance.
A feature was required that allowed managers to quickly review the availability of their team at a glance, in order to approve or reject leave requests.
The Self Service Absence Planner from Applaud Solutions was found to deliver requirements, offering a graphical view of availability, incorporating training as well as absence, fitting in with South Lanarkshire’s use of Oracle Learning Management.
Self Service Absence Planner features include:
- Absence and Training events highlighted in a monthly view
- Different colour coding for Absences and Training Enrolments
- Each Absence Type can have a different colour to easily distinguish between Holiday and Sickness.
- Absences pending approval shown in different colour to approved absences
- ‘Roll over’ support to deliver extra information about each day; course names and type of absence displayed
- Public Holidays can be displayed, if required
- Full integration with PTO to shows holiday entitlement remaining.
“The service and products provided by Applaud Solutions to us have been of a very high standard. I would fully recommend any organisation to consider their cutting edge products and experience,” said Kay McVeigh, Head of Personnel Services, South Lanarkshire Council.