This Personnel Today webinar, in association with Learndirect, originally shown online on 25 March 2013, examines the various ways in which organisations can employ young people and look at the raft of government initiatives that have been launched to help tackle the growing number of “NEETs” – those not in education, employment or training.
Apprenticeships are increasingly being presented as the solution to the UK’s youth unemployment and skills shortfall, but is it really that simple? Emma Parry asks whether or not apprenticeships really are a cure for the nation’s employment problems. More »
The webinar includes discussion around the following questions:
- Are the latest government interventions – such as apprenticeships and traineeships – working for businesses?
- Do businesses know about these schemes and the benefits they can bring?
- What could be done differently to ensure firms have the young talent in place to grow and develop their business in the next 20 years?
Personnel Today editor Rob Moss hosts the webinar and he is joined by:
- Kiran Elliott – HR and talent development manager at Kidsunlimited, now part of Bright Horizons, and
- John Deaville – business development director at Learndirect.
Dr Emma Parry, reader in human resource management at Cranfield School of Management, had also been scheduled to appear in the webinar but had to pull out due to sickness.
There is a Q&A session at the end of the webinar, during which live audience members submitted their questions to the panel.
* Page updated 23 April 2013 following Bright Horizons’ acquisition of Kidsunlimited