1. Consider if hybrid working model is appropriateThere is no point in running a trial period if the hybrid working model is not suitable for the type of work that the organisation does or if there is little appetite among staff, line managers and senior leaders. Therefore, before launching into the hybrid working model on a trial basis, it is important for the HR team to do some preparatory work. This is likely to include:
Resources for HRWebinar: Adopting hybrid working - legal issues and discrimination risks Podcast: Legal aspects of moving to hybrid working
- giving initial consideration to whether the hybrid working model is actually suitable in the long term, from a practical, business and cultural point of view;
- liaising with the organisation's senior leadership to ensure that, from the start, there is buy-in from senior management;
- assessing which roles could be suitable for hybrid working; and
- beginning to gather the views of the workforce on their appetite for moving to the hybrid working model.