HR supplier partnership – judgesRob Moss, editor, Personnel Today Richard Andrews, website director, XpertHR Group
WINNER: Purple Cubed (nominated by Village Urban Resorts and De Vere Hotels)About the organisation Purple Cubed is a consulting company specialising in improving employee engagement, company performance and profit. Its clients include exclusive hospitality businesses and luxury retailers, such as the Dorchester Collection and Tragus Group. The challenge De Vere had previously placed little focus on, and made minimal investment in, its people. The arrival of a new human resources director led to the creation of a strategic people plan, aimed at raising engagement and improving performance. Purple Cubed supported the company to create a new employer brand, V Happy People. What the organisation did
- Designed and implemented a bespoke communications dashboard to engage candidates during recruitment process.
- Helped to introduce five high-performance values, which are used as core performance measures.
- Facilitated senior management sessions to communicate the new brand.
- Built new online communications hub with in-built performance reviews and employee opinions.
- Designed bespoke "talent toolbox" aligned to the company’s KPIs. This also automates induction, performance, exit and employee opinion processes and reports on them.
- Sixteen per cent increase in quality applications to the company.
- Employee engagement across the business has increased to 86% (up 15%).
- Recruitment spend has decreased by 80%, saving £400,000 per year.
- Top performers identified as being "at risk of leaving" have been retained.
- Labour turnover has reduced from 57% to 24%.
- Customers spend £15 more per room, on average.