Hamish Davidson, one of the UK’s highest profile headhunters, will be sharing his tips on successful job hunting at next week’s executive development programme, hosted by Rockpools.
Professionals seeking executive and non-executive roles across the private, public and not-for-profit sectors are invited to attend this free half-day event, which will take place from 4pm to 9pm on Monday, 19 May 2008 at The Telegraph’s offices in Victoria.
Hamish, who is the Chairman and Senior Partner of Rockpools, a UK market leader in executive and interim resourcing, said: “Rockpools’ executive development programme is a chance for executives from every sector to find out what they need to do in order to gain the winning edge in their careers. If you’re in a job, looking for one or just mulling over a possible change, I invite you to attend.”
The event feature practical advice across the following topics:
· How the job market works
· How to get the attention of recruiters and headhunters
· Mastering the basics– avoiding pitfalls with CVs, covering letters, personal statements, applications and interviews
· Ethics, value and culture – finding out before you join
· Personal brand and reputation how and why integrity matters
· Moving across and between the private, public and not for profit sectors: opportunities and crossovers
· How to stand out at interview – or how to avoid standing out for the wrong reasons.